From:
"Diana Lada (" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 May 2005 14:03:47 -0400
At the Whitney we change all works that are deaccessioned from Permanent
Collection to Deaccessioned via department, and also we change the
object status from Accessioned Work to Deaccessioned. Our deaccession
protocol was recently updated and now we also add a D prefix to the
object number to counter past numerical discrepancies and duplications.

PS we too have a similar deaccessioning and disposal manual to SLAM,
thanks for sharing Ella!

Diana Lada-L'Henaff
Documentation Manager

Whitney Museum of American Art