From:
Brian Kraft <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2007 15:41:41 -0500
We track our crates using an Excel spread sheet, due to the same issues
you are facing.

We number crates using the artists first and last initial and the year
of acquisition for outgoing loans (ex. Claude Monet acquired in 1956 =
CM56.  For exhibitions, we use initials from the exhibition name and
number them sequentially.  Crates are tracked using their numbers, if a
crate is retrofitted a new number is assigned, based on it's contents
and the tracking list updated.

In some ways it is a little old fashioned, but works exceptionally well
for us.

Brian

Brian M. Kraft

Registrar
The Minneapolis Institute of Arts
2400 Third Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN  55404
U.S.A.

tel: (612) 870-3122
fax: (612) 870-3121
email: [log in to unmask]

www.artsmia.org
www.artsconnected.org

>>> Rob Morgan <[log in to unmask]> 6/26/2007 2:25 PM >>>
Hello Everyone,

Does anybody else track their crates in TMS?  We're finding this task
difficult in TMS 'cause you can't access the crate table via a module.
To access crate information you need to use the Container Assistant via
the Objects or Shipping module.  However, our packers just want to
access a list of their crates, and where they are stored.  I can run
this report from Crystal, but the packers cannot run this report via the
graphic interface of TMS.

In addition, how do you number your crates?  Does each crate get a
specific number?  Currently we number our crates per exhibition, and the
crate numbers change as the exhibitions change.  We may be looking to
change this numbering system.

Thanks everyone,
Rob

Rob Morgan