From:
Polly Willman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Apr 2005 08:59:25 -0400
Have you considered using ethafoam?  Using the 2" or 4" ethafoam allows you
to customize the hanger size and shape to fit each costume.  The includes
shoulder length and shoulder shape/slope; also girth to match the
weight/support needed for each garment.  A simple heavy-duty wire hanger is
sandwiched in the ethafoam and then the ethafoam covered with a layer of
batting or non-woven polyester, then stockinette.  Stockinette "arms" can be
added if any sleeve support is needed.  It may be more time consuming, but
it usually suits the needs of the costumes better.