MOMS Archives

Museum on Main Street

MOMS@SI-LISTSERV.SI.EDU

From:
Genie's Mail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Museum on Main Street <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2006 11:42:48 -0500
Hello, Jeanne,
 I am new to this, but did look back in our records and can say that we had
three billboards for the past Key Ingredients exhibition. Media coverage was
done via publications done by our  Alabama Department of Archives and
History, a magazine published by The Alabama Rural Electric Association, and
the Alabama Historical Association newsletter( our scholars wrote the
articles). Of course press releases were done in newspapers in the areas
surrounding the venues.
 I want to have  our BF tour put in more statewide magazines this time
around.Our state Dept. of Tourism has one of our tours listed in the 2007
guidebook. Maybe I can get some PSAs on local radio stations for our
upcoming tour and I will continue to see what I can get for free. We have no
extra funds for this.:( . We just hired a new Dir. of Development and I will
have to break it to him slowly.
Good Luck with your program.
 PS - We still have a stack of  KI placemats if anyone needs them . Let me
know and I will mail them to your council.

 If any of you are going to New York( meeting / program officers ) please
introduce yourself to my co-worker, Tom Bryant he is over all of our
programs and is a very warm and welcoming type.

Genie Deason
Alabama Humanities Foundation
Community Programs Manager
205.558.3999