From:
Heidi Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Dec 2005 13:11:36 -0500
We are using the "Container" feature and I have found it to be most
useful.  We use it for boxes (or clothing racks, etc.) that can be moved
from room to room or shelf to shelf.  You can move one object or all of
them.
There is one major problem, the containers don't show up on location
reports.  I have one report that was customized for me (but never really
finished by TMS) that works OK but not great as it makes the reports
twice as long.
If anyone else has a good report I would love to have a copy, otherwise
I will be happy to share the one we got.

Heidi Taylor
Assistant Registrar
The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art
941-359-5700 ex. 1502
www.ringling.org

Now showing
Picturing What Matters: Photographs from the George Eastman House
November 19, 2005- January 8, 2006

Coming soon
Waking Dreams: The Art of the Pre-Raphaelites from the Delaware Art
Museum
January 28 - April 3, 2006

>>> [log in to unmask] 12/08/2005 11:52 AM >>>
I'm curious to know who out there is fully using the Location &
Movement
"Container" feature and particularly how it works for storage boxes.

Would you recommend a transition to its use, or is it better to manage
boxes with the Level and SubLevel fields?

Is it difficult not having an easy portal to the crates table through
TMS?

Thanks!

Jeffrey Smith
Assistant Registrar for Collections Information
Freer Gallery of Art & Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
Smithsonian Institution
P.O. Box 37012
Sackler 1040, MRC 707
Washington, D.C. 20013-7012