From:
Jeff Steward <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2007 11:32:38 -0500
Collection Information Systems Programmer, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston

Under the supervision of the Manager of Collection Information Systems,
use your SQL and VB skills to assist with the development, debugging and
upgrade of internal applications that support and extend the museum's
collections management system.

Learn the relationships between the SQL tables that are used in The
Museum System(tm) (TMS) software and other features of our collections
management system (plug-ins, maintenance routines) in order to assist
supervisor in the work of growing and maintaining the system.

Provides day-to-day support for MFA staff by creating and modifying
Crystal Reports that support workflow and project management needs.
Learn and use the procedures for loading media created by our photo
studios, curatorial and conservation staff into the database system.
Participate in designing, testing, and the implementation of software.
Create technical design documents and participate in design and code
reviews.

Required Skills: VB6, ASP, HTML/XML, Crystal Reports, T-SQL. Moderate
knowledge of relational databases and object oriented design concepts.

Additional Bonus Skills: Familiarity with image formats and processing
techniques, TMS,  InstallShield, FileMaker, Visual Studio 2005 and .NET
Framework 2.0, XSLT, JavaScript

Department: Curatorial - Conservation and Collections Management
Class: Fulltime
Hours: 35/week
Schedule: Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm

How to Apply:
Please mail or fax a cover letter and resume to:

Human Resources Department
Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
Avenue of the Arts
465 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115

Fax: 617-247-2312

Please note: only those candidates chosen for interviews will be
contacted.

The MFA is an equal opportunity employer and seeks diversity in its
workforce. We offer excellent employment benefits, and we welcome your
application.