From:
"Smith, Allison" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2007 17:04:54 -0400
I wouldn't be surprised to find a finger licking good piece of something (now unidentifiable) in a Time Capsule at some point...
:)

However, Julie does bring up an issue I've been dealing with. We have lots of items in the Archives that the AAT doesn't currently have terms for (vibrators, prescription drugs, ketchup and mustard packets, cigarettes) not to mention subjects (drag queens, transvestites, etc.)

Are they very many people out there in TMS land, attempting to do subject cataloguing on their collection?  I'm curious.  How successful/unsuccessful has it been using the AAT to find appropriate terms?

Allison