MOMS Archives

Museum on Main Street

MOMS@SI-LISTSERV.SI.EDU

Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2008 17:04:20 -0500
Hi Mary,

I had a similar experience to Illinois when Barn Again toured Maine a couple
of years ago. Our local public TV system produces a weekly half-hour program
called "Made in Maine" which airs statewide and does short segments on Maine
businesses and products. It's very popular and well-produced. I made sure
they knew about the tour, and they were interested enough to send people to
look things over. They ended up filming a whole program centered on the
exhibit and its message, with several related features woven in about people
who repair barns for a living and people who renovate them for other uses.
It was an amazing addition to the tour and didn't cost us a penny!

Best wishes,

Trudy Hickey
Grants Manager/Office Manager
Maine Humanities Council