From:
"Felton, Larry" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jun 2009 18:32:47 -0700
Ashley,

While it's not a plug in, we developed a Crystal Report to help download
batches of image files. This report (attached) produces text for a batch
file, which when exported and run will copy all the images associated
with selected object records from the server to a folder of your choice.

Steps are as follows: (it's actually easier done than said :-)

1. Install the attached report in TMS; create a folder to receive the
images (e.g. F:\TMS_Image_Copy)
2. Find the object records with the images you want (a query, object
package, whatever).
3. Run the report; at the parameter prompt, identify the destination
folder (e.g. F:\TMS_Image_Copy)
4. Hit <Display>; report displays lines of text like:
    Copy "\\mshqnas01\images\096\372\P166-131-8325_d.jpg"
F:\TMS_Image_Copy
5. Export report; format = Text (TXT); Destination = Disk file; <OK>;
<OK>; Save exported report in folder created to receive image files.
6. Change extension of exported report from .TXT to .BAT (either while
exporting or after the fact)
7. Go to destination directory; click on batch file to run. Image files
will be copied to the destination folder. I keep the same destination
folder; I just empty it after download and reuse it.

This is not very elegant, and I make no guarantees it will work for in
all cases.  It works for us on a Microsoft Active Directory network with
Windows XP computers. I believe the destination must be a mapped drive
(i.e. have a drive letter), and assumes user has rights to both the
source and destination locations. It may not work with all odd file
naming conventions (spaces, special characters, very long path/file
names, etc.).

Larry Felton
Archaeological Collections Unit
California State Parks