From:
Joanne Hackett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Apr 2009 17:44:27 +0100
Hello Stephanie,
When we dye net with Lanaset dye we only heat the bath to 85 degrees C.
 This seems to prevent the worst of the creasing, though it's by no
means flat when it comes out of the dye bath.
Joanne Hackett
Senior Textile Conservator
Victoria and Albert Museum

>>> "Chapman, Vivien" <[log in to unmask]>
21/04/2009 17:34 >>>
My procedure is to iron it very wet with iron set at least at wool -
i.e. warmer than nylon setting. If I'm doing a length I have it sitting
in a tray of water and gradually move sections onto a piece of felt, or
ironing pad, iron it, and roll it onto a tube. This works best with a
reliable iron. Heat surges can lead to disaster.

It seems that after subjecting the net to boiling water you need to
heat set it again.

Vivien Chapman
Head of Object Conservation
National Museums Liverpool