MOMS Archives

Museum on Main Street

MOMS@SI-LISTSERV.SI.EDU

From:
"Martha D. Beck" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Museum on Main Street <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2006 16:18:45 -0500
The Minnesota Dept. of Tourism has taken large quantities of our
"Minnesota Food Map" to display at tourist information sites around the
state.

This piece is a placemat that also functions as a more traditional
promotional piece. We're distributing it to eateries in and near
communities that will be hosting Key Ingredients, to be used as an
actual placemat, and also at tourist sites and arts and cultural venues,
where it functions as a promotional flier. It features a state map with
its main crops pictured (along with the 12 Key Ingredients tour sites,
and the tour calendar) as well as food-related activities (like an
ethnic food "word search" puzzle, a MN food quiz, "before and after"
pairings of ingredients and food products, and a plug for the Minnesota
Grown Directory, a guide to farm markets, pick-your-own berry farms,
orchards, and nurseries across the state.

MDB

Martha Davis Beck
Director of Community Programs
& Minnesota Center for the Book