From:
Jane Hammond <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 2010 09:33:33 -0500
I have had good results using a polyester tulle from NY Fashion Center.  I believe the width is 60" or so, and the cost is $5.99 per yard; there are a multitude of colors available for .99 a swatch.  One side of the tulle- likely the "reverse"- is smooth, with all the texture  of the weave on the other side, greatly reducing possibles abrasion of the fragile silk fibers.

You can find their contact info online (sorry to not have it immediately available to me).

Jane Hammond