MOMS Archives

Museum on Main Street

MOMS@SI-LISTSERV.SI.EDU

From:
Gregory Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Museum on Main Street <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2006 15:03:33 -0400
Hello again everyone,

Our next MOMS program is Key Ingredients (2007). Unfortunately, we've
had limited success with our state tourism office (Travel Michigan).
They've offered to stock "Welcome Centers" (statewide; at highway rest
stops) with our pamphlets and to publicize our events on their website.

Alas, they offer those services to all tourism-related organizations.

We've had better luck with other state departments. The Michigan
Department of Agriculture offered in-kind design and promotional
services, as well as help organizing food product tastings. The Michigan
Wine and Grape Industry Council has offered help with wine tastings.

Don't forget about culinary arts schools and restaurants. A top-notch
host site restaurant offered to host a fundraiser, and we've confirmed
an Iron Chef-style fundraiser with a culinary arts school in Metro
Detroit. As you can imagine, we gladly accepted these offers.

Greg

--
Gregory Parker
Program and Development Officer