From:
"Deborah R. Lema" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2006 14:43:44 -0500
Hi Karin,

having a unique problem.

I am with the manufacturer of a weird cleaning product (well, we don't
think it's weird) that might be just the thing you're looking for.  I
will describe how it's normally used, and then I'll describe how it
might help you, so you can get an idea of what I'm talking about and see
if you're interested.
The product is called HOST, and it's normally used as a carpet cleaner
or grout cleaner.  But it's also one of the only kinds of that class of
products that is safe enough to use on natural fiber carpets and
textiles (it's been tested by the WoolSafe organization for efficacy,
pH, color loss, etc.).  It's a little bit on the acid side.  It is not a
liquid product; it is a compound that looks like wet sawdust that is
usually brushed through the carpet or on the textile with a commercial
machine, hand brush, or even fingers, and then extracted.  In your
situation, however, it may be used as a poultice and then vacuumed off
when dry.
We do have distribution in Europe and I can have them send you a sample
if you think you'd like to play with it.  Let me know!

~Debbie

Deborah Lema
Research and Education
Racine Industries, Inc.