From:
James Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2006 14:24:05 -0400
Hi all.

A private owner has asked me to join an investigation of an
embroidered prayer cloth that apparently has been dated by
radiocarbon analysis at the University of Arizona to 620-1050 AD.  I
have not seen the actual piece, only a photograph.

Before agreeing to join the project as a conservation scientist, I'd
like to speak with an expert or experts (e.g., conservators, art
historians) who can advise on stylistic analysis and materials likely
to be found in a textile of this style and age.

Can anyone offer any recommendations?

With thanks,

Jamie

James Martin