From:
Joanne Hackett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jul 2011 10:36:13 +0100
Hi Camille,
Just a reminder that the program that was at Winchester is now at Glasgow University.  They have already taken their first intake of students.
http://www.textileconservationcentre.co.uk/glasgow

Also, although the RCA/V&A program is closed, the V&A does take three year NVQ trainees (aimed at those with a BA in general conservation).  We presently have two students; one in upholstery conservation and one in textiles - they started last October.

Icon has a list of all the various training programs in the UK - most of which are general, objects or paintings, but I know of one textile conservator who trained at the program at Lincoln University and then followed it with training at the National Trust.
http://www.icon.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=265&Itemid=48

Best.
Joanne Hackett
V&A

>>> Camille Breeze <[log in to unmask]> 06/07/2011 19:31 >>>
Dear friends,
I'm updating my website to include a more complete list of programs where
textile conservators are receiving training. This includes undergraduate,
graduate, US and abroad (English speaking please).

If you are a textile conservator who trained somewhere other than Deleware,
NYU, Buffalo, Queens, FIT, URI, and Winchester, I'd love to hear from you.
Just a short note about your program's name, degree and location is plenty.
Anecdotes and recommendations are also welcome.

Thanks,
Camille Breeze

--
Camille Myers Breeze, Director