Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Diana Zlatanovski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 2008 16:37:42 -0500
7BIT
Hello all

I am needing some information on displaying historic quilts.  We have
some quilts a faculty member would like to include in an exhibit.
Problem being some of the quilts are in very bad condition, e.g.
shredding, crushed silk.   Even a slantboard doesn't seem like it
would suffice, since some of the shredded silk is on the backing.  I
would prefer the quilts not go on display at all, however, that
decision may not be up to me.

Is there anything than can be done to stabilize the quilts so they can
safely be exhibited?
Someone has mentioned the possibility of netting, but I'm not too
familiar.

I am also open to more reasons in defense of not allowing the quilts
to be part of the exhibit.  My general statement that they are damaged
and display may further harm them doesn't seem to be convincing enough.

Thank you in advance,
Diana