From:
S DeOre Lyon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
S DeOre Lyon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Feb 2016 22:47:52 +0000
We have been trying to isolate the cause of some bad behavior 3 of our workstations have experienced in the Classification field.

The behavior:

* User queries for a set of Objects (or single Object) and display is in data entry view.
* User changes to List view and highlights an Object
* User clicks the icon to switch to data entry view
* Object data is displayed in data entry view BUT Classification is now displayed as 'Not Assigned' (first choice in list) and is selected/highlighted.
* If user has edit permission on the Classification field, the value has been changed in the DB due to the annoying auto-save.

We have ruled out any differences in TMS User profiles since a user who does not see the behavior on their assigned workstation can go to one of the affected workstations, log in with their TMS userid, and re-produce the bad behavior.

It seems to be linked to the workstation setup.
The 3 workstations are Windows7 and it is assumed they are nearly identical since a central IT dept handles setup.
We have other Windows7 workstations that work fine.

This problem was observed in TMS2012 and TMS2014.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Stephanie Lyon
Software Consultant