From:
K Hatziantoniou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 May 2008 11:10:04 +0100
Dear All

I need to pressure mount several fragile islamic textiles, of relatively small dimensions, for permanent exhibition in the museum environment with relatively stable RH and temperature. I need further information on which material to use for supporting the textile underneath the final cover of the mounted board. Polyester felt, cotton dommette or even other material? I am not experienced in pressure mounting and I worry about the development of micro-climate in a country with very high humidity and temperature.

Many thank you

Konstantinos Chatziantoniou
Textile Conservator
Museum of Islamic Art