From:
Gloria Martinez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 2013 18:20:58 -0400
Dear TMS Users:

Our Museum recently underwent a migration of data to TMS.  We are going through data clean-up and will be tackling the linking of records through Parent-Child associations.  Before I can begin this project, I have a few questions regarding the use of the "See Also" association.

--How are most of you using this association? I am interested in examples of the types of records being linked this way.

--How are you defining "Relation1" and "Relation2" in the Relationship Authority? Is anyone using anything other than "See Also-See Also"?

--What is the best way to associate prints from the same portfolio/series accessioned at different times (other than through the Portfolio/Series field)? Would the "See Also" association be an option?

Best regards,

Gloria Martinez
Associate Registrar
Santa Barbara Museum of Art