From:
Jennifer Barnett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Aug 2011 16:52:18 +0200
Dear colleagues,

For a translation project I am searching for reliable/scholarly books
or articles on ecclestiastical/liturgical vestments which clearly
explains all the elements in the correct terminology with diagrams. In
English.
Google has thrown up various books on the subject (spanning a century)
but there is no way of knowing if any provide this specific
information, apart from wading through various incompletely scanned
Google Books. I have found the extensive 'Catholic encyclopedia'
website, very good for furnishings and objects, but there is too
little information on these textiles.

I would also appreciate learning of any textile historian forums where
I could post this question.

With thanks in advance,

Jennifer Barnett

former textile conservator/lecturer