From:
Janice Brodie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 2010 13:14:30 -0500
Life Raft (origin German, mid 20th century).

We were asked to store an oval shaped life raft measuring 94 cm X 160 cm X
15.5 cm in height at our facility. The raft is made of Macintosh fabric,
with numerous small rubber patches all over. The patches and seams are
adhered with rubber cement. The Macintosh fabric is still flexible with no
signs of crackilng. Has anyone prepared a similar type of object for
storage? We would really appreciate any comments at this point. Thank you.

Janice Brodie
Textile Conservator
Parks Canada
tel.:[log in to unmask]