From:
Katrin Kania <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 2004 09:35:48 +0200
Dear Conservators,

I have begun to work on my phd-thesis about construction and sewing
techniques of medieval worldy clothing. As there are only few garments
known and accessible in form of publications, I do hope that there are
more medieval pieces of clothing or at least fragments thereof that are
not yet known to the public.
There is a lot of work still to be done on the clothing in the middle
ages, especially the High Middle Ages. I have written my master's thesis
about the medieval hood in literature, pictures, archaeology and
experiments. As this was quite successful and enlightening, I would like
to do similar work with the medieval clothes in general. For this, I am
now gathering as much information as possible on still extant garments.
I would be very happy if those of you who know about medieval garments in
collections or museums or know those who do would send me an e-mail. You
would greatly help me with my work.

Thank you,
Katrin Kania
--
... der Computer erleichtert die Probleme, die man ohne niemals hätte...

Katrin Kania M.A. - Buckenhofer Weg 54 - 91058 Erlangen
tel. 09131-816665