From:
Shirley Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jun 2007 11:39:33 -0400
Sometimes imitation pearls are made from blown glass filled with wax containing a "fish-scale" mixture to provide the pearly look.  Under magnification you should be able to see if this is true in this case.

shirley

>>> Nancy Love <[log in to unmask]> 04/06/2007 11:19:35 am >>>
I have been asked to wet clean a 1920's wedding veil.
My original intent was to use sodium borohydride to
lighten the lace. But the lace is also trimmed with
hundreds of seed pearls.  Does anyone have experience
with wet cleaning a similar object or know the
materials used for imitation pearls?

Thanks,  Nancy