From:
Melanie Sanford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Apr 2007 13:25:12 +0000
This message was sent to the TSG email address. If you wish to respond to
the inquiry please contact the individual directly.

Thank you,
Melanie

Inquiry From:
Rebecca M. Sager
Texas A&M University
Anthropology Department

I am a master's student at Texas A&M University.  My research topic concerns
the conservation of hair fibers.  I am specifically looking at two type of
wool, mohair, and human hair for my experiments, although my thesis will
touch upon other common archaeological fibers, such as alpaca.

I am attempting to gather more information on current conservation practices
used, but have had difficulty finding articles for the necessary background
research.  When I found your website, I was thrilled to find a group such as
this.  I am hoping you can either direct me to articles that discuss
different hair fiber conservation methods or can inform me of common
practices used by those in this organization. I am also hoping to find out
any difficulties in conserving hair fibers (such as protecting
the artifacts from insects) and also how such artifacts are usually stored
after conservation.

I have contacted several museums in different parts of the world to see how
practices differ, and with your help can create a more complete picture of
current hair fiber conservation.  Any information you can give me would be
greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Rebecca M. Sager

Exercise your brain! Try Flexicon.