From:
Gail Niinimaa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 17:18:33 -0700
Hi Gina, the TEXCONS list subscription and unsubscription is done by a
computer, so if you need to change you should follow this protocol.

Thanks,  Gail.

Last updated on: April 3, 2002

Welcome to the Textile Conservation Discussion List.  This
electronic discussion list, TexCons, has been developed to expedite
communication among textile conservators within the textile
community worldwide.

TexCons is an open un-moderated discussion list.  The list
co-owners are Mary W. Ballard in Washington, D.C.
([log in to unmask]) and S. Gail Niinimaa in Calgary, Alberta

The primary purpose of TexCons is to serve as a discussion forum to
help colleagues with questions/answers on specific problems,
treatment materials, techniques, methods, and other specific
problems or queries relating to textile conservation.  For
example, some subjects appropriate to the TexCons discussion and
exchange are:

1. Health and safety information, especially product hazards and
   sources for information on containing/handling hazards.
2. Suppliers/products, but not advertisements.  Suppliers should
   post only if they are answering an inquiry about a particular
   product.
3. Literature citations that are of interest to textile
   conservators, particularly those in non-conservation journals.
4. Exhibition announcements with dates, museum hours, catalogues
   (with price and currencies, shipping/handling).
5. Courses, symposia, and seminar announcements.  Pertinent
   information should include:  dates, location, topics,
   sponsoring organization, address, telephone and FAX numbers,
   whom to contact.
6. Hotels (with room rates), travel bargains, and other travel
   services, preferably vetted by course/symposia /seminar
   announcers.  Roommate searches to defray costs of attending
   such a conference or seminar.
7. Position and intern announcements, related to the Textile
   Conservation profession.
8. Other topics that affect communication among textile
   conservators and the textile conservation profession i.e.
   address and position changes, deaths, relocation, etc.
   Matters of a personal nature should not be distributed through
   this forum.

in the body of the message enter:

SUBscribe TEXCONS your-real-name

*** To UN-SUBSCRIBE to the TexCons discussion list, send a message to:

in the body of the message enter:

  SIGNOFF TEXCONS

The discussion list is supported by the "listserv" software. To
learn more about the  listserv commands, send a message to:
in the body of the message enter:  HELP

The technical support for this discussion list is provided by the:

This service and support is being graciously provided by Stanford
University Libraries, Stanford, California.

For ease of use, please add this address to your bookmark list.
Report technical problems with the Web archives to Walter Henry