From:
Jim Whittome <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Aug 2018 04:23:55 -0400
At M+ we are currently working on setting up a structure to manage Information Management at our institution. As we have observed that museums manage this issue differently we would like to get some feedback from the community in order to have some benchmarking to inform our decision. We would really appreciate if you could help us answering a couple of questions here below. The main challenges identified are:

•	Sharing or controlling access to information
•	Maintaining IM disciplines among staff who are not IM professionals
•	Improving way that content (images, video, etc) is produced, stored and distributed
•	Improving data quality, processes and systems

In terms of your organisational structure:
1.	Is there central co-ordination on these issues at your institution that facilitates between people, processes and technology?
2.	If so, who has formal responsibility in this area – a person, a committee, a department? And, where do they fall within the organisational structure?.

We would be extremely grateful for any information you can provide to help us establish a benchmark.