From:
Jeffrey Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2006 16:32:38 -0400
Try using the "Object Count" field. The default is set to 1 for each object,
but it can be changed and adopted as a way of counting multi-part objects or
sets as one accessioned objects. For instance, leave the count set to "1"
for the first record, but change it to "0" for all the virtual records or
multiple records within sets that count as one accession.

Then you can gear your reports to sum the object count field - adding up
all the ones and not totalling the zero's.

Jeffrey Smith
Assistant Registrar for Collections Information
Freer Gallery of Art & Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
Smithsonian Institution
P.O. Box 37012
Sackler 1040, MRC 707
Washington, D.C. 20013-7012