From:
Nina Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 May 2020 13:04:54 -0400
Hello!

I'm new to this listserv and looking for some advice from other college or educational museums, particularly in New England.

At the Middlebury College Museum of Art, we are investigating the options available for hosting our TMS and eMuseum. Our IT department is pushing for us to have Gallery Systems host, but we are not convinced.

If your institution's IT dept hosts your eMuseum and/or TMS, why did you choose this route?
Did your IT dept have any particular concerns with maintaining security?
If so, what were they, and how did they get around this?

If GS hosts for you, have you had any issues?
Do you feel it was worth the additional yearly cost?

Thank you,
Nina Sweeney
Assistant Registrar
Middlebury College Museum of Art