From:
"Stein, Marty" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Apr 2009 10:10:45 -0500
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out if something is possible in TMS and I'm hoping
that maybe someone has figured this out.   We are trying to use TMS as a
way to let our curatorial staff know that high-resolution digital images
are available on our internal network servers.  Right now, we enter a
media rendition for the TMS thumbnail and only allow staff to download
this file to an external viewer.  We don't really want to add our
high-res files to the TMS image server, but I would like to at least
have a way of "pointing" the way to the images that are kept on other
servers.  I was wondering if there was a way to include a network
address hyperlink to the media rendition record.  I tried typing in a
link to the remarks field in the media rendition form, but it didn't
work.  Has anyone else tried adding hyperlinks and would be willing to
share how they did it?  Or has anyone else devised a way of making
really large files available through TMS.

Does this make any sense?  I don't know if I'm trying to find a hard way
to do something easy.  If I am, please let me know.

Thanks so much!

Marty

Marcia (Marty) Stein

Photographic & Imaging Services Manager