From:
Luba Nurse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Aug 2011 12:41:40 -0400
Jennifer Hi

what a fascinating project!
you may have these already on your list:

I think 'Church Vestments: Their Origin and Development' By Herbert
Norris provided a few diagrams but I can't remember how comprehensive
it is.

re terminology, I would look in:
Victor Schultze, "Vestments." New Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia of
Religious Knowledge

I found this website with many good diagrams
http://users.rcn.com/donlav/cath-mass/f-page350.htm

I have a terminology list that matches English with Russian terms for
the vestments used by the Russian Orthodox Church (part of  my
research towards MA Hist Text & Dress) which I can share with you if
interested.

best wishes

Luba D Nurse