Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 14:32:15 -0500
Subject:
Sender:
"The Museum System (TMS) Users" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Dave Pearce <[log in to unmask]>
Hi all,

I was curious as to how everyone is handling locations for objects which
are currently out on loan.  We have 7 objects out on loan to LACMA right now
and when an object goes out we update its current location to "On Loan" and
that is a site in the loc hierarchy.  Most of our users can't see location
because its a security controlled field available only to registrars,
curators and conservation.  So we have a Status Flag that indicates that the
object is out.  Is anyone doing anything differently?  I was considering
adding sub sites to the "On Loan" site that indicate the actual location of
the object in the location authority.

For example
On Loan
     The Metropolitan Museum of Art, NY
     The Los Angeles County Museum of Art, LA
and so on.

Dave