Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2006 07:50:36 -0500
Subject:
Sender:
"The Museum System (TMS) Users" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Linda Thrift <[log in to unmask]>
The Smithsonian Institution employee who just received this message from you
has a new e-mail address. Your message was forwarded to the new address. For
future messages, please remove the old e-mail address from your address book
and replace it with the new address.  Note that the suffix in the new
address is @si.edu.

IF YOU ARE A SMITHSONIAN EMPLOYEE USING GROUPWISE, please make sure that
this old address is removed from your FREQUENT CONTACTS address book. When
you compose your next message to this person, select the name from the
GroupWise GLOBAL address book.

Thank you.
The Smithsonian Office of Information Technology

>>> "[log in to unmask]" 11/16/06 07:49 >>>

Dear All

We have a large number of sketchbooks, albums etc. on TMS some of which
are bound and some of which have loose pages.

We now want to catalogue them in further detail, entering each page into
TMS.

I was just wondering how others deal with this?

My thoughts on how to approach this are:

For those bound works I would make the sketchbook or album the parent
record then have separate TMS records for the individual sheets/pages
with a child relationship.

Since the location for all the 'children' would always be the same as
the 'parent' they would be flagged as virtual objects.

For those with loose pages since they can be moved independently of the
'parent' record these would not be virtual objects.

For virtual objects do you always have the object count as zero?

How do you deal with ensuring all the locations for the 'children' of a
bound work move with the 'parent'?

For example if I move a bound album '2006.1' then it follows that all
its individual pages '2006.1.1-100' should move also.

Do you flag the records as 'linked object' or something along those
line?

Apologies for so many questions, I just want to make sure I have thought
about this properly before we make a start!

Many thanks

Caroline

Caroline Delahunty

TMS Officer

National Gallery of Ireland

Merrion Square West

Dublin 2

tel: 00 353 1 632 5525

Exhibitions at the National Gallery of Ireland,
http://www.nationalgallery.ie/html/exhibitions.html

A Time and a Place: Two Centuries of Irish Social Life
18 October 2006 - 28 January 2007
Millenium Wing
Admission Euro 10, Euro 6 concessions

Louis le Brocquy Portrait Heads: a celebration of the artist's ninetieth
birthday
4 November 2006 - 14 January 2007
Beit Wing, Room 6
Admission Free

Destination Europe: Landscapes from the Collection
11 September - 10 December 2006
Print Gallery
Admission Free

George Bernard Shaw: 150th Anniversary Tribute
Until the end of December
Milltown Wing, Room 20
Admission Free

The information contained in this email and in any attachments is
confidential and is intended solely for the use and attention of the
intended recipient(s).  This information may be subject to legal &
professional privilege.

If you are not an intended recipient of this email, you must not use,
disclose, copy, distribute or retain this message or any part of it.  If you
have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete all copies of this email from your computer system(s).

National Gallery of Ireland
Merrion Square West
Dublin 2
Ireland