From:
Brenda Podemski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2006 11:14:50 -0700
Hi Caroline,

> [log in to unmask] wrote:
>> Just wondering how you monitor changes to TMS made by your users.
>> We are thinking of using reports that would bring up an audit trail of
>> changes made between 2 dates according to ObjID so that reports could be
>> run weekly/monthly...

In addition to our manual workflow procedures we have in place (notifying the Registrars of updates to core tombstone data fields for review, periodic gallery label proofing against TMS, etc.), we also run a few monthly reports against the TMS AuditTrail, one for objects, one for constituents, and a third for media.

They're simple Crystal Reports we've created that include a few extra fields to help us easily identify the records (Objects:  ObjectNumber and Department; Constituents:  DisplayName; Media:  Primary Rendition Number).  Each report filters for the Module to be reviewed  (MODULEID = 1-Objects or 2-Constituents or 9-Media), and excludes any fields or records we are not specifically interested in monitoring.

Each report looks for an ENTEREDDATE within the last month, and is saved in Comma-Separated Value (CSV) format.  The output is given a once-over, saved as an Excel spreadsheet, then circulated for review by Registrarial and Collections Information staff.  We then follow up with users directly if we note any unusual or unexpected activity.

Best,

Brenda

Brenda Podemski
Business Applications Administrator