From:
"Blochel-Dittrich, Iris" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jun 2022 07:01:20 +0000
External Email - Exercise Caution

Hi all,

do you change the section names in the application? Looking at it, it seems to me that, apart from suggesting batch edit for these fields on the gs website, it would be easier to just do it directly in the dbo.exhibitions table.

We are in the process of changing from an older collection management system to TMS collections and as our old system allowed batch edit for all fields and our users are used to it I am planning to do a "please batch edit" field for each module where people can put their batch edit requests; then the database admins can do those changes directly in sql manager.

For exhibitions, our workflow now is that the curators create the object records, the database administration does the exhibition structure and the registrars manage the loans record. We plan to do it similarily in TMS; we are going to define our workflows in august/September, so I am very much interested, too.

Best regards,

Iris Blochel-Dittrich
museum documentation

Stiftung Jüdisches Museum Berlin