Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 2008 21:50:02 -0600
I'ved used Rigilene before  (Rigilene 8mm Boning.
Easy to sew polyester boning specially created for giving shape and
support to strapless garments, theatrical costumes, eveningwear,
beachwear, soft toys and other structured textiles. Easy sewing on
edges, down the centre and across the boning by hand or machine.
Flexible, durable and will not crack.
5m Length.) http://www.sewessential.co.uk/Category.asp?
CategoryID=429&NumPerPage=5&Page=1

It might be a solution - it's pretty easy to work with, as you can
sew it on a machine if you need to attach it to anything.

Gail Niinimaa
Textile Conservator
Calgary, AB