From:
Sarah Lowengard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Research and Writing <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Dec 2009 13:59:55 -0500
I wanted to let you know that I recently posted more information about
the online meetings and workshops I'm offering through Research and
Writing, my "other" business.

On the immediate horizon are:
*
** 8-28 Feb 2010* "Your Life as an Independent [/Whatever/]" at
http://scribd.com/doc/19645357
<http://www.linkedin.com/redirect?url=http%3A%2F%2Fscribd%2Ecom%2Fdoc%2F19645357&urlhash=JRnC>

An online workshop for unemployed, underemployed and independently
employed academics, artists and artisans. We will discuss becoming more
business-like, looking for work, how to manage as a freelance or
independent whether that's a deliberate choice or the default position.

*4 Jan 2010 *"500 Words or Less--Abstract Writing Workshop" more info
at: http://scribd.com/doc/19645364
<http://www.linkedin.com/redirect?url=http%3A%2F%2Fscribd%2Ecom%2Fdoc%2F19645364&urlhash=kbHV>

A meeting about describing your work (or your proposed work, or someone
else's work) succinctly and clearly. Of special interest to students &
researchers. I teach my undergrads to write abstracts as a way to help
them understand what they've learned from reading assignments. A
well-written abstract is also important when replying to a call for
presentations or papers.

*24 Jan-13 Feb 2010 *"Proposal Writing Workshop"
http://scribd.com/doc/19645371
<http://www.linkedin.com/redirect?url=http%3A%2F%2Fscribd%2Ecom%2Fdoc%2F19645371&urlhash=xsul>

In this three-week online workshop you'll develop a proposal or short
essay and discuss the writing process. Bring your own project: a book or
thesis proposal, a job proposal or bid, another writing project you’d
like to begin—or ask for an "assignment."

*18 Jan - 7 Feb 2010 *"The Effective Collaborator" a 6- session "hot
topics" meeting series. http://www.scribd.com/doc/24051238
<http://www.linkedin.com/redirect?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Escribd%2Ecom%2Fdoc%2F24051238&urlhash=aUtz>

6 subject-related meetings that will improve our ability to work in a
collaborative environment. Your collaboration may be a short or long
term association; connected to your business or personal life; a
collaboration within your organization or involve working with
"outsiders.” Learn to be a collaboration partner, not just a team
member. Sign up for as few as 2 meetings, or all 6.

I do offer discounts on prices for groups and multiple course
registrations. And I'd be happy to discuss special and specialized
offerings of these and other online business management/business skills
courses.

More info at http://bit.ly/6Sjb7L
<http://www.linkedin.com/redirect?url=http%3A%2F%2Fbit%2Ely%2F6Sjb7L&urlhash=Eo93>,
or email me at [log in to unmask]