MOMS Archives

Museum on Main Street

MOMS@SI-LISTSERV.SI.EDU

From:
crockett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Museum on Main Street <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 10:24:58 -0700
Cheers, MOMS folk!

I realize that a number of you may already be away for the holiday break,
nevertheless I thought I'd send out this quick update with a couple of
important notices:

1. Watch for 2005 booking opportunities after the first of the year.
Packets will be mailed to executive directors of all councils, but we'll be
sure to keep you informed via this listserve and humtalk2. Barn Again!,
Produce for Victory, and Key Ingredients will be offered for booking in
2005; there are no restrictions on proposing tour extensions or return
bookings.

2. We've now confirmed dates for next year's National Workshops. If your
state is listed below please reserve the dates on your calendars; we'll
issue travel and agenda details in the coming months.

MOMS National Orientation Workshop (for first-time state coordinators of
MOMS): April 2-4 in Washington DC area (participants will likely increase
once new bookings are in place, but as of today these states include: South
Dakota, Louisiana, New Mexico)

Barn Again! National Program Workshop: April 2-4 in Washington DC area
(South Carolina, Wyoming, Minnesota, Michigan)

Key Ingredients National Program Workshop: June 2-4 in Chicago (Alabama,
California, Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi)

Yesterday's Tomorrows National Program Workshop: June 2-4 in Chicago (New
Mexico, Washington, Idaho, Arizona, Louisiana)

You'll remember that travel expenses for state coordinators' participation
in national workshops are paid via your councils' MOMS participation fee.

3. Thanks, as ever, for the continuing work you do on behalf of your rural
constituents (and, as a result, on behalf of MOMS).  And congratulations on
the extraordinary impact you have on the cultural capacity of small towns.
This project simply wouldn't exist without your contributions, thanks.

Have the very best of holidays,

Brian