MOMS Archives

Museum on Main Street

MOMS@SI-LISTSERV.SI.EDU

From:
Carol Harsh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Museum on Main Street <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 10:31:59 -0400
Hi all!

For those of you coming to DC for the Federation Conference in a few weeks, we have a special treat for you.

We are planning a special field trip to tour the Smithsonian's Office of Exhibits Central (OEC).  You will have the opportunity to meet some of the talented people who fabricate the MoMS exhibitions.  The tour will be on Friday, November 12 from 10:00 to about 1:00.

We will meet in the lobby of the hotel at 10:00am.  Terri and I, and maybe a few taxis,  will drive you to OEC where we will meet Mike Headley, OEC Director. He will guide us through the facility and give you an opportunity to talk to graphic designers, model makers, and exhibit fabricators. You will see several exhibitions in development, including Between Fences.  After the tour we will grab a bite to eat (Dutch treat) and then head back to the Conference Hotel in time for the 1:00 Welcome and first General Session.

If you want to join us on the OEC field trip, please let Terri and I know so that we can get a head count.  It will be great fun!

Carol

Carol Harsh
Co-Director
Museum on Main Street