MOMS Archives

Museum on Main Street

MOMS@SI-LISTSERV.SI.EDU

Museum on Main Street <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 2004 10:40:29 -0600
Carol,

Please add me to the list!!

Thanks,

Raymond Screws

At 10:31 AM 10/28/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi all!
>
>For those of you coming to DC for the Federation Conference in a few
weeks, we have a special treat for you.

>We are planning a special field trip to tour the Smithsonian's Office of
Exhibits Central (OEC).  You will have the opportunity to meet some of the
talented people who fabricate the MoMS exhibitions.  The tour will be on
Friday, November 12 from 10:00 to about 1:00.

>We will meet in the lobby of the hotel at 10:00am.  Terri and I, and maybe
a few taxis,  will drive you to OEC where we will meet Mike Headley, OEC
Director. He will guide us through the facility and give you an opportunity
to talk to graphic designers, model makers, and exhibit fabricators. You
will see several exhibitions in development, including Between Fences.
After the tour we will grab a bite to eat (Dutch treat) and then head back
to the Conference Hotel in time for the 1:00 Welcome and first General
Session.

>If you want to join us on the OEC field trip, please let Terri and I know
so that we can get a head count.  It will be great fun!

>Carol
>
>Carol Harsh
>Co-Director
>Museum on Main Street