MOMS Archives

Museum on Main Street

MOMS@SI-LISTSERV.SI.EDU

From:
Rozanna Sokolowski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Museum on Main Street <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 09:48:44 -0400
Hooray! It has finally arrived!

Museum on Main Street has a brand new website designed specifically for the
needs of our project partners-participating state councils and rural host
museums. At museumonmainstreet.org, state and local coordinators can
download resources specially designed to assist in the planning and
implementation of a Museum on Main Street exhibition.

For those who are interested in, but not currently participating in Museum
on Main Street, information is available on how and where to begin. The
website also has detailed background information and additional resources on
the project, including press releases, news highlights, exhibition
descriptions and itineraries, and Museum on Main Street partnership
information.

We hope this will be a helpful tool for our partners and a way to let
everyone know what we are about - giving rural museums a chance to shine.
Please check back frequently as more information and resources are added to
the site.

A note - no "www" is necessary for this address. The Smithsonian IT
Department is still working on this URL and eventually it will be accessible
at the www address as well. As this is still a new site, information is
still being added, links that are scaled back in color are not broken links,
but instead links where content has not been uploaded yet.

Cheers,
Rozanna

PS - The "Administration" section is password protected and can only be
accessed by state councils and host institutions. I will be issuing separate
e-mails to each group of councils that are hosting Yesterday's Tomorrows,
Barn Again!, Produce for Victory and Key Ingredients. These will have the
passwords for the state councils and host communities. I am relying on the
councils to disseminate the passwords to their communities.