MOMS Archives

Museum on Main Street

MOMS@SI-LISTSERV.SI.EDU

From:
David Pettyjohn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Museum on Main Street <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jun 2009 10:12:35 -0500
Hello everyone!

I am enjoying all of the discussion on this and couldn't help but adding
Oklahoma to the mix.

Although it is true that the strawberry is Oklahoma's official fruit, we
would not consider it our official food.  Instead, we have an official
meal--chicken fried steak, cornbread, barbecued pork, sausage, biscuits
and gravy, fried okra, squash, grits, corn, black-eyed peas, and pecan
pie.  All of this can be served with watermelon, our official state
vegetable, and washed down with milk, our official state beverage.

No wonder I have to keep doing to the gym every day...

All best,
David

David Pettyjohn
Assistant Director