MOMS Archives

Museum on Main Street

MOMS@SI-LISTSERV.SI.EDU

From:
Gregory Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Museum on Main Street <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2006 14:54:02 -0400
Hello Fellow State Coordinators,

A few of my Key Ingredients local coordinators have asked for
information on community cookbook projects.

When the recipes are paired with supporting "stories," they become a
valuable document of community folklife. But these projects are often
much more complicated than they first appear.

I'm always trumpeting the West Chicago effort, which puts many
professional books to shame:

www.westchicago.org/about/cbook-award.php

But I think this is an exceptional sample.

Does anyone have any experiences they'd like to share? Or, does anyone
have a local coordinator who would like to share their experiences with
a peer in Michigan? Ideally, I'd like to connect the Michigan
coordinators with veteran Key Ingredients coordinators in other states ...

Best,

Greg

--
Gregory Parker