MOMS Archives

Museum on Main Street

MOMS@SI-LISTSERV.SI.EDU

From:
LuAnn Kern <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Museum on Main Street <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 11:11:10 -0400
I wanted to let you know that the little elves that call themselves the MOMS
Notebook Committee have been hard at work updating the YT notebooks you are
about to receive (they'll be turning their attention to the other exhibit
notebooks in the very near future). Nearly all of the sections have been
updated and streamlined and the notebook has been reorganized so that the
information within the tabs in the Local Coordinator (LC) notebooks can
coincide with that in the State Coordinator (SC) notebooks. The goal is to
get the state coordinators down to 1 notebook.

So, if you'd like, you can pull the following information out of the
exhibitor notebook you previously received and insert it into YOUR COPY of
the new SC notebook:

From Tab 1 to Tab 1:  Three Year Project Calendar, Resource Provided,
Participating State Councils and Exhibition Curators.

From Tabs 4,5,6,7,8  to Tab 4:  All the information regarding the planning
and logistics of the state tour:  Shipping Information, Selecting Venue
information, Budget and Finance information, Fundraising information,
Program Development/State Workshop information and Scholar and State
Committee information.  Basically, your Tab 4 will consist of state tour
coordination information and the LC' Tab 4 will consist of your state
council information.

From Tab 9 to Tab 8: MOMS Description

From Tab 11  to Tab 9:  Sample state council letters to legislators (program
workshop, installation workshop and second letter)

From Tab 12  to Tab 10: Close-out report for state councils.

As we produce notebooks for future tours, we'll be color coding the pages so
that information that is specific to state coordinator is one color in the
notebook, while information that is for both state coordinators and local
coordinators is another color.  But since you're already mid-tour and your
pages are all one color, you may want to distinguish your SC pages from the
other information in the LC notebook-- one suggestion is to highlight the
corners of the SC  pages you're inserting.

Let us know if you have any questions. We're hoping that the new format will
make things easier for everyone, but there will undoubtedly be some tweaking
needed as we make the transition.

Notebook Committee elves are ready and waiting to assist!

 LuAnn