MOMS Archives

Museum on Main Street

MOMS@SI-LISTSERV.SI.EDU

From:
Carol Harsh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Museum on Main Street <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 16:21:25 -0500
Happy New Year to all!

I trust 2003 is off to great start for all of you. I took off a couple of
weeks while my kids were home from school...its a tough job but someone's
got to do it!!!

Just a quick design note for the Key Ingredients folks.  We are in the
think of the design for the exhibition, and, as you know, it is quite a bit
different from the other MOMS exhibits. Many of you saw the small model in
Minneapolis so you have a feel for it, but I want to put a note in your head
as you are selecting your communities.

The kiosks are 8 feet tall in some points.  (The portal for the fifth unit
will actually be about 8 feet 6 " tall)  Ceilings should be 9 feet tall.
Please double check this with all of your communities. Annie and Angel tell
us we are A-OK in Utah and Illinois in 2003, but 2004 folks should check,
too.

Another note.  Because of the height of the kiosks and the size of the
graphics, the look of the exhibition will feel LOTS bigger. It will fit in
about 500-600 square feet, but ideally you will want more space so that
people can step back and get the full effect. I think that 750 square feet
or more might be good.  If they are adding local artifacts through out the
exhibition, you might want to move it up to 1000 square feet for optimal
viewing effect.

I am excited about how this is turning out.  The exhibition experience will
be one of exploration through various intimate spaces. As we have more
details and specifics that we can share we will do so.

Happy 2003!

Carol

Carol Harsh
Co-Director