MOMS Archives

Museum on Main Street

MOMS@SI-LISTSERV.SI.EDU

Museum on Main Street <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 09:44:36 -0800
In Nebraska, we had a community host Barn Again that has a population of
117.  This community did great.  We had another community with a population
of about 700 that did a great job as well.  Both communities had good
organized plans and had enough volunteers to make the exhibit a success for
the area.

Raymond

  At 11:09 AM 12/12/02 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello to you all!
>
>I have a question I'd appreciate advice on related to host site selection.
>
>Is it possible for a community to be too small to handle a MoMS exhibit?
>
>One of the communities applying for Barn Again! has only 519 residents
>(although it's very close to another small community, which has around 900
>residents, so together they come closer to the average size of our other
>applicants).  My main concern about this is that, while there is real
>enthusiasm on the part of the museum committee, I am somewhat afraid that
>hosting the exhibit might require more work than a community that size could
>handle.  Then again, I realize that each community will develop plans and
>activities based on their resources and strengths and so a community of 500
>could still turn out in full force for an exhibit and find the MoMS
>experience very beneficial.
>
>What kind of experience have any of you had with communities with
>populations under 1,000?
>
>Also, Rozanna, we've moved into a new office and I have a new e-mail
address.  Could you switch me to [log in to unmask]

>Thanks!
>
>Mary Jane
>

>Mary Jane Thomson
>Program Officer