MOMS Archives

Museum on Main Street

MOMS@SI-LISTSERV.SI.EDU

From:
Patricia Zahn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Museum on Main Street <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2007 09:49:40 -0600
Hi everyone!

I'm pleased to share some of our recent publicity on "Between Fences" in
Missouri.
Thought you might be interested in the article from California, Missouri
(see link below).

We are also encouraging our sites to put information and pictures, etc.
related to the exhibition on our WIKI space.  The link is
http://betweenfences.mohumanities.wikispaces.net/
Hannibal, MO did a great job putting up pictures of events and activities.
We are attempting to assist sites in using technology to advertise and
enhance their activities.  As we all know, some are more receptive than
others.  It is, however, an option and we are providing technical assistance
as part of our partnership with the BF communities.

~Patricia

Patricia Zahn, Associate Director
Missouri Humanities Council
1.800.357.0909/ 314.781.9660
www.mohumanities.org
Exploring Our Heritage...Shaping Our Community

---

Story:
Exhibit looks at how fences impacted history in America

CALIFORNIA, Mo. &#045; America's border with Canada consists primarily of a
20-foot-wide unguarded corridor marked by obelisks while the closely
monitored border with Mexico contains areas of steel fences and chain-link
fencing.

The disparity shocked seventh graders from California Middle School earlier
this month when they visited the Smithsonian Institution's exhibit on fences
at the Wood Place Public Library in California.

For more of this story, click on or type the URL below:

http://www.newstribune.com/articles/2007/01/11/community/354com01.txt

 This e-mail contains information for the purpose of tracking abuse.
 If you believe this email is offensive or may be considered spam,  please
visit the website http://abuse.townnews.com and create an  incident report.
From this site you can also block messages like  this from sending to your
email address. Please retain this Mail-ID
[1afa94964fe6789b8716cf87cffb0daa], it's needed to view information
associated with this message. Click the link below to view the incident.
 http://abuse.townnews.com/?MailID=1afa94964fe6789b8716cf87cffb0daa

 Read the acceptable use policy: http://systems.townnews.com/public/aup/