MOMS Archives

Museum on Main Street

MOMS@SI-LISTSERV.SI.EDU

From:
Carol Harsh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Museum on Main Street <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 10:01:31 -0400
Morning.

We are in the process of revamping the contracts that SITES sends to your
councils when you host a MOMS exhibition.

As you know SITES carries wall to wall, all risk, insurance coverage to
protect the MOMS exhibition when installed and when traveling from community
to community.

A question has come up, however, with regard to liability insurance.  Other
larger SITES exhibitions require that host museums have $1,000,000 of
liability insurance.  I don't think our MOMS exhibitors have that kind of
coverage, if any at all. So, I am wondering what sort of policies your
councils have that might protect the museums, if for instance, someone falls
at an opening and tries to sue either the museum or the council because it
was at a council sponsored venue.

Can someone give me some insights here? Thanks.

Carol

Carol Harsh
Co-Director
Museum on Main Street