MOMS Archives

Museum on Main Street

MOMS@SI-LISTSERV.SI.EDU

From:
Robbie Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Museum on Main Street <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 17:35:17 -0500
Greetings MoMSLISTers,

I have been terribly remiss in not taking an opportunity to come on board
the listserv and introduce myself. As you all know, Rozanna Sokolowski left
her position as MoMS' project director at the end of January to devote her
energies to a most wonderful opportunity -- her new twin sons. Although I
can never begin to fill Rozanna's shoes, it was my great privilege to be
able to join the MoMS team at the beginning of February.

I joined SITES in March 2002, but I have admired Museum on Main Street for
much longer. Pairing the spirit and creativtiy of host communities with the
resources provided by state humanities councils and MoMS produces something
genuinely special. I have had the pleasure of working with small cultural
organizations, many in rural communities, for most of my career. I'm always
impressed by the enthusiasm and resourcefulness that small organizations
bring to projects.

I also wanted to use this message to announce that over the past few weeks,
the MoMS team has made a number of updates to the Museum on Main Street
website. Contact information and exhibition itineraries have been updated.
Key Ingredients, thanks to wonderful suggestions from Kansas' state scholar,
has a newly updated bibliography and filmography. Track the development of
our newest exhibition, Between Fences, through its new project scrapbook.
Additional updates will be posted over the next several weeks.

I look forward to working with you and serving your communities in the
years to come. Please feel free to contact me at 202-633-0078 (at Rozanna
old number) or by e-mail at [log in to unmask] if I may ever assist you.

Best wishes,
Robbie Davis

Robbie Davis
Project Director
Museum on Main Street
Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service (SITES)
P.O. Box 37012 MRC 465
900 Jefferson Drive, SW, Room 1271
Washington, DC  20013-7012
Tel: 202-633-0078