MOMS Archives

Museum on Main Street

MOMS@SI-LISTSERV.SI.EDU

From:
Sheila Bricher-Wade <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Museum on Main Street <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Aug 2016 15:28:07 +0000
The moving company we work with let us know that they actually need a tractor trailer to move the exhibit due to the size of the footprint for the exhibit crates with no stacking.  In addition to an increase in shipping cost this requires  higher levels of licensing for drivers, which in Wyoming becomes a scheduling challenge -   and the locations need to have a place where a tractor trailer can pull up to make the delivery.

Also the access to electrical outlets and how cords will impact traffic patterns for the exhibit interactive pieces is something everybody should be thinking about  from the very beginning when they are considering whether or not their space is suitable for showcasing the exhibit.
Sheila